Every year during the month of April, Aveda salon and spa professionals work together to raise funds for grassroots organizations that address environmental issues around the world. With a goal to raise $4.5 million through their global network, this year Aveda’s campaign focuses on the protection of clean water.
On Sunday, April 1st, Planet Hair is teaming together with the other Aveda salons in the Wichita area to raise funds global and local clean water projects with a Walk around The Waterfront. Starting at 10 a.m. we’ll meet at the Waterfront northeast parking lot for a nice four mile stroll around the Waterfront to raise money through sponsorships and celebrate Earth Day.
You can get involved and help us raise money in lots of different ways:
- Come join in the fun and walk with us! Register in advance at Planet Hair with a minimum sponsorship of $25 and get an Aveda Limited Edition Earth Month Candle.
- Sponsor us for the walk. Help us raise money with a donation of any size. With a donation of $25 we’ll give you a gift certificate for an eyebrow grooming that you can use yourself or give to your favorite unibrow.
- Bid in our silent auction. We’ve got fabulous items from Planet Hair and other local businesses for you to win. Bid early and bid often and do something good for Mother Earth.
- Buy raffle tickets. We’re raffling off an action packed Evening in Old Town that includes hotel, entertainment and lots of other fun surprises. Of course you’ll be looking your best for your night out with services from Planet Hair. Get one ticket for $5 or 6 for $25.
- Purchase an Aveda Limited Edition Earth Month candle for $12. All the proceeds go support clean water.